|Banana Nut Bread|
|The First Slice for Tasting|
|There can never be too many nuts|
|After resting overnight|
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3-4 over-ripe bananas, peeled
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*F and grease a bread pan with butter flavored Pam spray and granulated sugar.
- With a hand-mixer, combine melted butter with dark-brown sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add peeled bananas and beat until mashed.
- Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt over batter in the mixing bowl and fold with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle walnuts over top and use a fork to insert some of the nuts into the batter.
- Bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow banana nut bread to come to room temperature, cover loosely with aluminum foil/plastic wrap and allow to rest, preferably overnight, before slicing.