|Chingri Sorshe Narkol Bhape|
Mustard oil may be a new cooking medium for some people, but the people in the state of Bengal in India almost exclusively use it for all their everyday cooking. It is available in most Indian markets and it is advisable to consult the store owner for the most pungent flavored mustard oil available in the store.
1 tsp. Kashmiri mirch
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Marinate shrimp in salt, turmeric and Kashmiri mirch for 15 minutes.
- Blend mustard seeds, 1 serrano pepper, salt & 1 cup water until smooth on the liquefy setting of blender.
- Mix mustard paste thoroughly with mustard oil & coconut milk powder.
- Coat shrimp with mustard-coconut paste and transfer to a microwavable dish.
- Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over, spoon sauce over shrimp, replace cover and microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven and garnish with remaining serrano pepper.